Do you or someone close to you have a quarantine birthday approaching? Don’t despair there are lots of ways to mark the occasion during isolation. Follow our fun ideas and you can still celebrate in style!
Making The Big Day Special…
It might feel like we have pressed pause on many aspects of life, but time is still ticking, so lots of people will celebrate their 2020 birthday at home. Not being able to see friends and family will naturally make you feel a little disappointed, but don’t let the day go by without a celebration.
Book in a Zoom or Houseparty get together. Use it as an excuse to ditch your go-to lockdown outfit and put on something special. Don’t forget some fabulous accessories (it’s all about the jewellery for us!) people will be focussing on your face so earrings and a necklace will make it look like you are party-ready! To make a day of it treat yourself to a candlelit bath beforehand and have some fun trying out a new makeup look. Our make-up crush Ella James has some great IGTV tutorials to inspire you.
Staying home might be the new normal, but that doesn’t mean you can’t meet your mates at the pub! Brewers and pubs are getting virtual and offering quizzes, tastings and comedy nights.
- Scottish Brewery, Brew Dog, have created The Open Arms, a place to get together, share a drink and stay safe, check out their website for upcoming events
- The drag troupe, Sink the Pink, have teamed up with gin brand Wildcat to launch its very own online pub. Ginger Johnson will be hosting a pub quiz every Thursday at 7.30 pm, which will be live-streamed on their Instagram
- Camden Town Brewery has launched a venue called The Camden Bre.www.ery Bar where they are hosting all sorts of weekly events, tune into the brewery’s website to find out more.
Pull out those recipe books and create a delicious three-course meal you’ve never cooked before. If you’re living with a partner or housemates, you could take a course each to prepare and you can even get the kids involved as junior waiters!
If you don’t fancy cooking, some local eateries will prepare a meal for you and deliver it to your door – all you have to do is reheat and eat. It’s a great way to support your local independent restaurants and have a birthday meal to remember.
Deliveroo and Uber Eats are still delivering too, so get the candles out and sit-down to enjoy your favourite take away.
Virtual Feelgood Disco
Put your dancing shoes on and head to Spotify and search for thortful’s Positive Playlist. The card company has used Spotify data to reveal the ultimate positivity playlist! It features modern artists like Surfaces and Dua Lipa along with old favourites like I Wanna Dance with Somebody (Who Loves Me) by Whitney Houston and Take on Me by a-ha.
Lockdown doesn’t mean you have to miss out on the latest movie releases. Universal Studios are making their new movies, which should have been screening in cinemas now, available online. You can pay to stream their latest movies via Sky, Apple, and Amazon. Create date night at home and don’t forget the popcorn!
Virtual Kids Lockdown Birthday Party
Create a birthday to remember for your little one.
- Friends and family might not be able to say happy birthday in person, but get them to send cards and record video messages so your child knows they are thinking of them. Contact friends in advance to give them a little reminder – it’s easy to lose track of time during lockdown!
- Prepare a virtual party, get a group of their friends together on Zoom or Houseparty and let the games commence. Email the guests bingo cards and get calling, play charades and set them our indoor scavenger hunt (download our printable scavenger hunt). If you want to make things super easy, HouseParty has inbuilt games to keep the fun flowing
- Get out the Christmas decorations (or anything else you have to hand) and create a sparkling wonderland at home. Build an indoor camp where you can all watch a movie and sleep – lots of blankets, fairy lights and cushions are essential to make a magical and cosy birthday den!
- If you’re keen campers and have a garden, you could even set your tent up for a sleep out, barbecue sausages for a party tea and have hot chocolate and marshmallows.
Make them feel special
If a friend or a family member has a birthday during quarantine make sure they know you are thinking of them. A phone call is a great way to stay in touch, but we always feel a card or parcel is extra special.
If you’re gift shopping look to small, independent businesses who will be struggling during this time, many will be offering delivery. Don’t forget our range of beautiful personalised jewellery and gifts. We can create a bespoke gift within three working days and have it delivered straight to their door with a note from you enclosed. See our full range here.