Chrystal therapy is an alternative therapy that uses crystals and other stones for emotional and physical healing. People believe that different types of crystals have their own properties for improving mental wellbeing, curing ailments and protecting against diseases. They are thought to promote the flow of good energy through the body.
The History Of Crystal Healing
Crystal healing is said to have been around for thousands of years and can be traced back as far as the Ancient Egyptians. Modern crystal healing tends to be based on ideas borrowed from Asian cultures and the concept of life energy flowing through the body.
How Are Crystals Used To Heal The Body?
If you visit a crystal healer they will probably place certain stones on you chakra points to try and fix imbalances of energy. You can also choose to wear crystals and stones to protect you against negative energy and absorb positive energy.
Which Crystals And Stones Possess Which Qualities?
Here is a rundown of some of our favourite crystals and stones with the emotional and physical benefits they are said to possess
- Emotional benefits: This pretty pink stone is all about bringing more love into your life. It is said to restore trust and harmony in relationships and can help you feel more confident by encouraging you to feel self-love and forgiveness. It’s also claimed to help comfort and calm during times of grief
- Health benefits: Rose Quartz is believed to strengthen the circulatory system and kidneys, reduce high blood pressure, help with breathing problems and alleviate vertigo.
- Emotional benefits: This blue gemstone is said to have a balancing and ground affect. It might help keep your mood more even if you find you go through emotional highs and lows. It’s also associated with good luck, something we could all do with a bit more of!
- Health Benefits: Turquoise is said to help the respiratory, skeletal, and immune system.
- Emotional benefits: This purple stone is said to promote serenity and calm. It is thought to break the cycle of negative thoughts, so could help with those 3 am anxiety attacks. It is also associated with power and wisdom
- Health Benefits: It is said to help with insomnia, boost hormones and relieve pain.
- Emotional benefits: This beautiful stone said to attract happiness and release depression. It could promote feelings of peace and joy and help you concentrate
- Health Benefits: This stone is claimed to help with eye issues and blood disorders as well as easing depression, anxiety, and insomnia.
- Emotional benefits: The red stone is said to improve concentration and motivation as well as stimulating your mind to be more positive and self-confident. It is said to encourage sexual energy, so could help fire things up in the bedroom!
- Health Benefits: Rubies are said to stimulate the heart and improve circulation as well as helping you recharge your energy levels.
- Emotional benefits: The milky white stones are thought to release anger, strengthen memory and encourage feelings of hope and optimism. They are also associated with creativity and insight
- Health Benefits: The opal is said to benefit your eyes, kidneys and skin. White opals are thought to strengthen hair and fingernails.
At Inscripture we stock a range of gemstone and crystal jewellery. See our range here
Photo by Karolina Grabowska from Pexels