Taking a paw print from your cat or dog (or any other four-legged friend!) is easy if you follow our steps…
- We recommend you use an Inkfree Printing Kit for the best (and cleanest!) results. Find our full instructions of How to use an Inkless print kit here . If you choose to use ink, please make sure it is non-toxic and safe for your pet
- Get everything you need ready and close to hand
- Choose a time of day when your pet is happy and relaxed
- Have some treats close by and start by stroking them and massaging their paws
- Lay your paper on a hard surface like a book or wooden floor
- Gently clean your pet’s paw with a damp cloth. Remove any dirt and pat it dry
- Very carefully trim any long hairs that cover the pads of their paws
- Gently pick up your pet’s paw and press it onto the ink pad or wipe it with the cloth supplied with your Inkfree Kit
- Make sure the paw is completely covered
- With your dog standing up, hold their paw over the paper and gently press it down.
- Roll the paw from side to side to get the whole paw print
- Lift the paw straight up off the paper, being careful not to smudge the ink
- Wipe your pet’s paw clean with a damp cloth
- Give your pet a treat!
Explore our full collection of Paw Print Jewellery and create your purr-fect Pet Memorial today.